I have just completed a book on child sexual abuse, entitled Children, Sexuality, and Child Sexual Abuse due to be published by Routledge in March, 2018. I canvas a wide range of issues that include:
- What are the historical and social contexts in which child sexual abuse has occurred?
- What is the extent of child sexual abuse in the English-speaking world and who are its chief perpetrators?
- What factors enable institutional child sexual abuse?
- How do children disclose child sexual abuse? How reliable are their disclosures?
- What are the effects of child sexual abuse on development across the lifespan?
I will post again when the book is published with information about how to obtain a copy.